Sayhealthy.net – Pregnant women who has cough drops during pregnancy should not be carelessly taking the drug because of anything to eat and drink will affect fetal growth. Similarly, when ill, there is concern that the disease will infect the fetus of pregnant women if left untreated. Thus, even minor illness such as a cough and colds can make a pregnant woman panicked and confused how to handle it.
Therefore, it is important to maintain health during pregnancy. Moreover, the immune system tends to weaken pregnant women. Some of these tips may help pregnant women stay fit.
Some of the following good hygiene practices can help strengthen the immune system and keep pregnant women from the disease.
- Enough rest.
- Eat nutritious food.
- Think positive and relaxed so as not to stress.
- Wash hands frequently, especially before eating or after handling dirty objects.
- Exercise regularly, for example, stretching the legs or take a walk.
- Drink enough water.
- Avoid adjacent to the affected person coughs or colds, to avoid contagion.
- Do not use the same eating utensils with infected person coughs or colds.
- Keep the house, especially the bedroom. Coughing can also be caused by dust on the bed were not clean.
If Experiencing Cough Drops During Pregnancy
Although it has been trying to adopt a healthy lifestyle and maintain a healthy, there is still the possibility of pregnant women suffer from cough drops during pregnancy. However, keep in mind that the first twelve weeks of pregnancy is an important time for the baby’s vital organs are being formed. Therefore, the majority of pregnant women are advised not to consume any medication until the content passing through the first trimester. There also are not allowed to take the drug until the pregnancy reaches 6-7 months.
Some of these tips may help relieve a cough.
- Shower with hot water. The hot steam can help relieve shortness of breath.
- Gargling with warm salt water to relieve a sore throat or a cough.
- Apply a balm or ointment on the chest to warm up, and apply also slightly below the nose.
- Eating warm chicken soup may help relieve nasal congestion and reduce inflammation.
- Drinking decaffeinated tea or low caffeine, add lemon or honey. This drink is believed to help relieve a sore throat.
- Use pillows were piled high enough when sleeping to head higher. This position is useful because sputum fluid that flows during sleep can irritate the throat wall.
- Keep a glass of water, balm, or other medications at the bedside of pregnant women in order to quickly reach when needed.
- Consumption of drugs as prescribed.
Not only children who require immunization, but also pregnant women. In the third trimester’s each pregnancy, pregnant women should receive the vaccine whooping cough drops during pregnancy, or pertussis, known as DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus). In fact, women who have received these immunizations before pregnancy also need to immunize again when pregnant.
Immunization is important for pregnant women susceptible to flu complications such as pneumonia, sinus infections, and bronchitis. This complication increases the risk of premature birth or disability. See a doctor immediately if you experience the following symptoms.
- Severe vomiting.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Fever does not subside with fever medications.
- Chest tightness or pain.
- Vaginal bleeding.
- The movement of the fetus feels weakened.
Pregnant women should routinely conduct examination by a gynecologist. If you have cough drops during pregnancy at night which lasted more than seven days, consult a doctor to get medical help is needed.