sayhealthy.net – Diet Soda Pregnancy Life without diet soda is something unimaginable to most of us, and the prospect sends us into a tizzy. Most of us have become so hooked on to sodas and colas that life without them seems quite bleak, this trend that has become quite natural can be damaging as studies have clearly illustrated in recent years. The chemical ingredients used in most of these artificial have significant health ramifications, and that’s without taking into account a pregnancy.
While the diet versions of these may be touted as a safe alternative, can we be sure that they are really safe? diet soda pregnancy may not be the best because we still aren’t aware of how safe they are. Preliminary studies haven’t indicated any ill, but there hasn’t been adequate research yet. I find the reasoning that they are a lot safer than regular to be quite flawed, as simply because something is’ safer’ that doesn’t mean it’s’ SAFE’.
I don’t mean to be a party-pooper, and I’m certainly not claiming that drinking diet soda pregnancy is going to do any serious, but the fact is that we don’t have all the knowledge available to make any informed choice.
The sensible thing to do in my here would be to play it safe and avoid diet during pregnancy or at least severely your intake. Minimal or moderate consumption, restricted to a can of diet soda is said to be quite safe, and I don’t dispute this fact. diet during pregnancy does, however, seem like an unnecessary, as there are constantly new products the market, and research can not always keep pace. Some of these products use sweeteners that are harmful, while unscrupulous manufacturers have also been known in the past to withhold information of suspect ingredients.
To give you a better and help you make up your own I’ll try and list some facts:
All Diet Soda Pregnancy use artificial sweeteners, and different brands use different ones. You would need to find out which ones are safe during pregnancy and which are not. Most non-nutritive sweeteners that are used are considered to be safe.
- The greater you’re of diet soda pregnancy the lower the of water, fresh fruit juices and milk, which are actually valuable sources for essential nutrients.
- Diet soda pregnancy also contain caffeine, which is known to be harmful if in significant amounts.
- Aspartame or NutraSweet, which is widely used in many diets is a non-caloric sweetener that consists of two amino acids. The from this is particularly towards women with a hereditary condition called phenylketonuria, in which the protein called phenylalanine can not be broken down. This can cause damage to the fetus.
- Aspartame can pose a particularly high risk to the diabetic as it can stimulate high insulin and other health repercussions.
- Saccharin, which is another commonly used artificial sweetener, has been found to be carcinogenic and in rats. Although, no such findings have been uncovered in the context of human consumption these investigations have proved disturbing.
- Sucralose is the newest of these artificial sweeteners, and it hasn’t been studied adequately to identify any risks.
- Findings from at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts regular of diet that contains artificial sweeteners can gradually lead to a decline in kidney function.
Once you become aware of the facts it becomes quite obvious that we’ve been misguided and have bought into the myth of sugar and calorie free foods being healthy. The high content of artificial sweeteners should you think twice about drinking diet soda during pregnancy.
This article was published first in whattoexpect.com