Sayhealthy.net – Seven Secrets How To Keep Your Kidneys Healthy : Blood pressure, diabetes or a family history of kidney put one in three Americans at of developing kidney. But even if you don’t fit in any of those categories, it’s important to take care of these critically important organs.
7 to Kidney Health
You can do a number of things to keep your kidneys functioning properly and keep them as healthy at life.
- Hydrate, but don’t overdo it.” Contrary to popular belief, no over-hydration as in enhancing kidney,” nephrologist James Simon, MD. So, while it’s always a good to enough, more than the four to six a won’t help your kidneys.
- Eat healthily. Your kidneys can tolerate dietary habits, but Dr. Simon points out that most kidney arise out of other medical conditions like blood pressure and diabetes. Because of this, he you follow healthy, moderate eating To and blood pressure. diabetes and blood pressure will help keep kidneys in good condition.
- Exercise regularly. If you’re healthy, your because, like healthy , regular physical can stave off weight and blood pressure. But do be mindful of how much you do, if you’re not .” Overexerting yourself when you’re not fit and healthy can a strain on your kidneys, if you that you of muscle ,” Dr. Simon.
- Use caution with and herbal remedies. of certain vitamin and some herbal may be harmful to your kidneys. Talk to your doctor about any vitamins and herbs.
- Quit smoking. can blood vessels, which the flow of blood in the kidneys. When the kidneys don’t have adequate blood , they can’t at . also increases of blood pressure as well as of kidney cancer.
- Don’t overdo it when taking over-the-counter .” Common non-prescription like ibuprofen and naproxen( NSAID’s) can cause kidney if taken too regularly over a ,” Dr. Simon . If healthy kidneys and use these for occasional, don’t. But Dr. Simon if you them for chronic or arthritis, you should talk to your doctor about your kidney or alternative ways to control your.
- If you’re at risk, get regular kidney function screening.” If either diabetes or blood pressure, your should screen for kidney dysfunction as part of routine care for those conditions ,” Dr. Simon.
The kidney health takeaway
Often, your kidneys simply become affected by other medical conditions. The most important thing you can do to keep your kidneys safe is to take care of your To your chances of developing that a strain on your kidneys .
Dr. Simon ,” Eat healthily, regularly and control your . These healthy are not new and not specific to kidney health. Healthy kidneys like a healthy .”